Have a Question?
We have an answer. Learn all about living at River Crossing Apartments by utilizing our resource library.
Resident Services and Fees
Application Fee: $60 per applicant
Administration Fee: $200 Non-Refundable Per Apartment
*Based on credit approval.
Deliveries and Parcels
Packages have a way of arriving when you’re not home. To help out, we are happy to accept parcels delivered by UPS, Fed-ex or any other delivery services on your behalf.
Renter's Insurance is required of our residents. It protects your personal property if anything happens, and may pay for any damage or loss to the apartment property. Like everyone at our community, you are responsible for damage or loss to apartment property, and your person caused by fire, vandalism, water damage, and other injurious acts or crime. Please contact the leasing office for more information.
Valet Dry Cleaning
River Crossing offers a convenient dry cleaning service with complimentary pick-up and delivery. Stop by the office for more information!
Business Center & Conference Room
We have an on-site business center and conference room free of charge to our residents.
Have company coming into town and need a place for them to stay?! We offer a fully furnished one-bedroom apartment. The rate is $75 on weeknights and $85 on weekends.
Important Telephone Numbers
Emergency Services: 911
Police Department: 317-327-3811
Northview Middle School
North Central High School
Within 48 hours of your service request (excluding weekends), a River Crossing associate will respond. If special parts or outside services are required, we’ll take care of those arrangements for you and complete your request as quickly as possible. To make sure you get the service you deserve, please direct all requests to the River Crossing office or on our website. We’ll do everything we can to solve the problem.
Our on-call maintenance technician will be happy to assist you with the following 24-hour emergency items:
- No electricity throughout the apartment
- No water throughout the apartment
- No heat in extremely cold temperatures (60 degrees or below)
- Water coming into your apartment (i.e. flooding, leaks, etc.)
- Toilet not working (if you only have one bathroom)
- Possibilities of fire from electrical sparks, burning odor, or detection of smoke. If a fire occurs, call 911 first!
- Anytime your apartment security is compromised (i.e. broken window, damaged lock, etc.)
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911!
Meanwhile, here are a few guidelines for handling some possible issues:
Electrical (power failure)
- Determine if there is an area power failure and that your electricity payments are up to date.
- Check your circuit breakers. Turn them all to the “OFF” position, then turn to the “ON” position.
- Call our office if an area power failure is not evident and step two does not restore power.
Plumbing (stoppage or overflow)
- Turn off the “shut off” valve nearest the fixture. Note: To do so, turn the shut-off valve a quarter to the right.
- Do not use fixture.
- Call our office.
Keys and Locks
If you are locked out of your apartment during normal business hours, please contact the leasing office. We will be happy to provide you with a key with proper photo identification. If you are locked out during non-business hours, please contact a local locksmith.
If you require pest control service, please contact our leasing office and we will be happy to schedule a pest control appointment for you. You will be asked to secure all pets during this pest control visit.
A GFI shuts off electric power to the outlet when there is too much power being used. You can push the RESET button on the outlet to turn the power back on. Please call the office if it does not reset.
Each apartment is equipped with smoke detectors. If the detector starts chirping, the 9V battery needs replaced. You can stop by the office to pick one up, or let us know if you prefer maintenance to install the battery.
Light Bulb Replacement
When you move in your apartment will be fully equipped with light bulbs in all of the permanent fixtures.
Please purchase the necessary light bulbs, and if you need assistance simply submit a service request for the maintenance team to install the new bulb for you. If you have any questions regarding types of bulbs or how to change a light bulb, please don’t hesitate to contact the leasing office. We are happy to help!
Caring For Your Apartment
Your apartment must be kept clean and trash needs to be disposed of at least weekly in the appropriate receptacles.
Caring For Your Community
One of the things our residents find most attractive about River Crossing is the simplicity, consistency and cleanliness of how our buildings look. Maintaining that look requires everyone’s cooperation, and as a result, the community does not allow the installation of wires, aerials, radio or television antennas, clotheslines, or other lines on roofs, patios, balconies, windows, or any part of the building or premises.
Disturbances and Noises
Noise can be a nuisance, and at River Crossing, we ask all of our residents to be considerate of their neighbors when entertaining, using their television or stereo, or using appliances and vacuum cleaners late at night. If you reside in an upstairs apartment that also means avoiding running, jumping, or slamming doors.
If you are experiencing a noise concern, please contact our courtesy officer for after hour issues/noise.
Trash Compactor and Recycling
Please properly discard all items in the trash compactor and recycling bin.
Grounds and Breezeways
We try to keep the grounds and public areas clean, neat and attractive for everyone to enjoy. Some basic community guidelines to help us stay beautiful are:
- Please make sure your garbage goes straight from your apartment to the community trash receptacle. We do not allow bags of trash to be left in hallways or common areas.
- Please take care to clear personal belongings from outside your front door. We love to see a standard front door mat, potted plant, and seasonal decor gracing your entry, but anything else doesn’t really help in our community efforts to keep things looking neat and clean.
- Please remember that smoking is not allowed in our common areas, hallways or elevators.
- Finally, please show respect for landscaped areas, shrubbery, and trees. We work hard to keep the grounds looking great and appreciate your help in keeping them that way.
Balcony or Patio
Balconies and patios should be kept neat and clean at all times. No rugs, towels, laundry, clothing, or other items can be hung or draped on the railings.
For your peace of mind, door-to-door solicitation isn’t allowed. If a solicitor makes it to your door, please refer them to our office. We’ll take care of it.
Weapons and Firearms
Displaying or discharging fireworks, guns, slingshots, or any type of firearm or weapon is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy by any resident, occupant, or guest may result in the immediate termination of the lease contract.
All vehicles parked in community parking areas must be in working condition and have current registration tags. Additionally, we must ask that if you do not intend to operate your vehicle for an extended period of time that you park in less premium parking spaces as a courtesy to your neighbors. Vehicles in violation of the following guidelines will be towed without notice at the owner’s expense:
- Abandoned vehicles and disabled cars
- Vehicles with expired license plates
- Vehicles parked in fire lanes
- Vehicles parked in handicap zones
- Vehicles blocking the trash compacter or other vehicles
- Vehicles parked behind someone else’s garage
Attached garages are available to rent for $135 a month and detached garages rent for $105 a month.
Dogs and cats are welcome at River Crossing!
$200 Pet Deposit (refundable)
$200 Pet Fee (non-refundable)
$25 Per Month Per Pet
- All pets must be registered at the leasing office.
- We allow up to two pets per apartment.
- We do not accept Pit Bulls, Dobermans, or Rottweilers.
- Your dog must be leashed and under your control at all times when outside your apartment.
- You must pick up your pet’s waste each time you take him or her out. A $25 clean up fee will be charged to pet owners that do not clean up after their pet.
- Pets are not to ever be left unattended outside or on the balcony/patio of your apartment.
- Cats must remain inside your apartment or be leashed, or in a carrier, when outside.
- An aquarium is fine, but if it holds more than 50 gallons of water, we need you to have insurance for it.
Rent Payment and Lease Agreement
Rent Payment Guidelines
Please make your rent payments by personal check, certified check or money order, or through our online payment system. You are welcome to drop off rent checks in the office, or for after-hours payment, please use our rent drop box.
- Cash and partial payments cannot be accepted.
- Remember to clearly write your apartment number on the check or money order.
- Delinquent rent payments are subject to late charges, as well as, legal fees and court costs. If rent has not been received by the 5th day of the month, a late fee of $100 will be due on the morning of the 6th day. If rent has not been received by the 10th day of the month, the account will be submitted for eviction and will be subject to legal fees.
- Bank returned checks will not be re-deposited. In addition to late charges, the resident incurs a N.S.F. charge of $50 over and above the amount of the check as well as the late fees.
- Checks returned by the bank must be redeemed within 48 hours with a cashier’s check or money order. Two returned checks will necessitate that for a period of 12 months, rent payments are made only by cashier’s check or money order.
The apartments are all electric and you will need to set up your electricity with IPL. Water, sewer, and trash are based on usage. Trash fees are $5 per month.
Lease Terms and Renewal
We will contact you in advance of your lease expiration date to introduce renewal options and explain any changes to lease terms and rental rates. The lengths of renewal lease terms vary, but usually do not exceed twelve months. If you choose to continue residency on a month-to-month basis at the end of your original lease term, you may be required to pay monthly rent premiums over and about the stated market rent. If you choose not to renew, your lease requires a 60-day written notice to vacate.
Transferring to Another Apartment
We want you to stay with us for a long time, so if you find your current home no longer meets your needs, consider transferring to another apartment home within the community. We will be happy to assist you in finding an apartment that will meet your new requirements.
We understand things come up and plans change! River Crossing allows you to break your lease with a 60 day written notice and a lease break fee equal to two month’s rent.
Roommates are jointly responsible for all rental payments and lease terms. We do allow an Occupant Change to be completed by all roommates if someone needs to move out.
Upon move-out, the security deposit refund check (if one is owed) will be made out in the names of all residents listed on the lease agreement and mailed to the forwarding address provided. That means roommates will have to decide when and how to divide the deposit appropriately.
At River Crossing we are committed to the principles of Fair Housing. We will not discriminate in the leasing and management of our community on the basis of sex, age, marital status, race, creed, ancestry, color, religion, national origin, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or familial status.
These principles are guaranteed by law, meaning that we cannot and will not provide different adult and family sections of the apartment community nor require one set of rules for certain residents and another set of rules for others.
We promise to provide all residents and guests with the same courteous treatment and application of company and community guidelines.
To assure a quality lifestyle for all residents, we have established occupancy guidelines for the maximum number of persons that can occupy each floor plan type: Two occupants in a one bedroom, four occupants in a two bedroom, and six occupants in a three-bedroom floor plan. If you experience a change in family size that puts your family outside the guidelines, please contact the office to assist you with the transition.
We offer corporate apartments! You can find them here River Crossing at Keystone - Corporate Apartments.
Join the Waitlist!
Preferred Employer Program!
Partner with us! If you work for one of our preferred employers, you'll receive $200 off your first full month's rent on a 12-month lease. Contact us for a complete list of preferred employers.